Weekly COVID-19 Mitigation Reminders: Isolation and Quarantine
- Unvaccinated students and staff that have been exposed to someone with COVID will have to quarantine from the date of their last exposure. Unvaccinated staff and students who are exposed to COVID at school can participate in the Test-to-Stay program in order to remain in school during their quarantine.
- Vaccinated students and staff who are up to date with their COVID vaccinations are still considered exposed however, they are not required to quarantine. However, they should continue to monitor for any symptoms.
Definition Close Contact:
An individual who has had a close contact exposure to a confirmed COVID case or a presumptive COVID case.
Students Only: If a school cannot confirm that six feet of distancing was consistently maintained or three foot distancing with consistent mask use was maintained during the school day, then each person the confirmed case was in contact with for fifteen minutes or more in a twenty-four hour period will need to quarantine unless they participate in the Test to Stay program or are up to date on their COVID vaccination.
Staff: If a staff person cannot confirm that six feet of distancing was consistently maintained, then each person the confirmed case was in contact with for fifteen minutes or more twenty-four hour period will need to quarantine unless they participate in the Test to Stay program or are up to date on their vaccination.
Definition Low-Risk Exposure:
Being in the same room as a COVID positive person but not having close contact to the COVID positive person.
- If a student or staff member is up to date on their COVID vaccine they do not have to quarantine. They will be notified of close contact exposures and asked to monitor for symptoms and continue following other safety protocols.
- Unvaccinated individuals, who are exposed outside of school are required to quarantine.
- Unvaccinated individuals who are exposed to COVID in school can select to quarantine or participate in the Test to Stay program.
- If a student or staff member has direct contact with a COVID positive person they will be notified in person or via phone call.
- If a student or staff member has a low-risk exposure to a COVID positive person they will receive a low-risk exposure email however, they are not required to quarantine.