Local, State and National Scholarships Available to RPA students
New information regarding scholarships comes in every week, so please keep an eye on available scholarships at RPA Scholarship section.
Weekly Scholarship Highlight
The Redmond Kiwanis Club Scholarship program is one of the most generous in all of Central Oregon. Kiwanis awards multiple $1,000 awards for students with potential for success at an institution of higher education or trade school. The Vern and Madeline Patrick Scholarship is usually a $1,000 award, and it may be renewable for three additional years. One application suffices for all of these scholarships.
The Kiwanis Scholarship is due Thursday Feb. 24. Scholarships must be hand delivered to RPA’s front office or emailed to Justin Calbreath: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 24. Through this one application, students may apply for multiple $1,000 scholarships. The scholarship is open to any graduating student pursuing higher education: community college, four-year college, or trade school. Please find the application attached and let me know if you have any questions.
Key Dates and Deadlines:
- March 1 deadlines
- OSAC Scholarship: OSAC application. Students can apply to multiple scholarships through the application portal.
- Ford Family Scholarship (state level scholarship): this scholarship is based on financial need and merit. Total amount of the scholarship is calculated on need, but can be up to 90% of tuition costs. Students must be attending a college in Oregon.
- College Savings Plan: The scholarship was created for underrepresented and diverse Oregon high school graduates pursuing higher education in Oregon.
- COCC Merit Scholarship: Students must have completed the enrollment process prior to applying.
- March 18: Local $500 Scholarship, If I Was Mayor. Seniors will create a video or PowerPoint presentation outlining what they would do as Mayor
- Weekly scholarship and post grad-planning drop-in hours every Tuesday from 10-12pm in the Future Center
- If you haven’t already, complete the FAFSA. This is for all students/families considering attending any post grad program. Be sure to list every college and program you are applying to on the form so they will have access to your FAFSA.
Scholarship Workshop: Mr. Calbreath will be leading a two day scholarship workshop in the Future Center Tuesday, February 22 and Wednesday, February 23 from 9-1 p.m. each day. During this time he will be helping students identify scholarships to apply to, best practices on how to complete the application and help students write their essays.
Mr. Calbreath is available for individual appointments to help with any part of the process: searching for scholarships, filling out the application, or working on your essays. Please reach out to set an appointment: Justin Calbreath – email@example.com or 541-954-9509