Important Reminder Regarding School Meals
This an important reminder to all Redmond Proficiency Academy households wanting to take advantage of Free or Reduced price school meals. If your household received a meal benefit the prior school year, the 30 day meal benefit carryover ended on Tuesday, October 15, 2019. The following Wednesday, October 16, 2019, any household that has not received confirmation of a new meal benefit eligibility determination either from submission of a paper Meal Benefit Application, an online application or Direct Certification from the State of Oregon, will automatically revert to Paid/Full Price status and parents/guardians will be held responsible for charges incurred.
We encourage all families to complete the Free and Reduced Meal Applications on-line. The application process for participation in school meal programs is simple and confidential and applications can be submitted any time during the school year.
The online benefit application program guides you through the application with just a few easy steps!
Apply now at www.redmondschools.org/nutrition
- If your household has already received a 2019-2020 Eligibility Notification letter in the mail, you do not need to complete a meal benefit application. This is direct certification by the State.
- Paper applications can be turned in at the RSD District Office or at the school cafeterias.
- Please keep a copy of your eligibility letter to receive possible discounts on athletics, testing and other school activities, bring this letter with you when paying fees at your child’s school.
- Households may apply at any time during the school year, however, meal benefits will not be
effective until an application has been processed and a determination has been made.
- If any member of your household receives Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits, or is a Foster Child or receives Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) benefits, your child qualifies for free meals, please include your case number on the application.
- Households that do not meet the requirements for free or reduced price meals may purchase breakfasts and lunches. See the nutrition services web page at www.redmond.k12.or.us, for 2019-20 menus and pricing.